Friday, October 20, 2006

The end of the day sucks

I had a good day at work. hell, you could almost call it a really good day at work. And this blog is so going to cut into my sleep. I still need to pack and relax. I guess that's what I'm doing right now. So after this blog I really need to start packing. After work though, almost nothing worked out for me.

I got a call at lunch time to help my Grammy out get a new TV (or two). Ok fine, it's and extra 45 miles (or more) of driving for me. But it's my Grammy, so I gotta do it. I did plan on coming right home and working on the tile floor some (yeah, it's still not done. But holy cow I need some me time too). So I drove my 14 mpg El Camino down to my Gramama's. Turned it off. Then thought that I should move it some so I can set my bed cover off to the side and out of the way. Put the key back in. Turned the key. I got one click and then nothing. Last time I checked a big block Chevy (BBC) doesn't sound like nothing. Those that work with me might have heard it a time or two. Anyways. I turned the key again, this time I only got nothing. Well, holy fuck something is wrong. Something electrical is wrong. That just happens to be the area where I don't know much about. Only that it hurts if you get zapped. That and - is black and + is red.

So I thought that something might just be hot. I'd let it sit with the hood open for a good 15-20 min and it should cool off. After that time, it was still a no go in the starting department. Humm. I played with the cables some...nada. Heck I didn't even have a working dome light. So, I didn't (and still don't) think it's the battery. I'm going to buy some new cables for it I guess sometime next week. Seeing as I'm going to the boat races this weekend.

Right now I am driving my grandmama's car. That's all good and everything. I just have to have it back to her by 7am. Well....fuck. If I want to get to work on time I'm going to have to leave here a lil after 5am. That's a good 45-50 min drive south. After I do that I then have to make sure I get everything I need put into my car. Then drive another 35 min or so back north. That's about 90 miles of driving before 7am. That fucking sucks. But I have to do it. I think I'm just going to be a little late to work. An hour wont kill me or anyone. It's slow anyways.

1 comment:

Bardouble29 said...

OMG poor chucky, that sucks. I hope you have a great weekend though.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks