Thursday, April 13, 2006

Not content

So where to start. Work? I guess.

so much went on at work. Now I just need to find a way to put it into a story. Oh I could just make up a story. Though what fun would that be....My guess is a lot. I think if I made up a story it would take away from the point of me having my lil part of the internet.

I guess We'll start from the end and work our way to the begging.

My job is too simple. I'm sure I could train phone answering monkeys to do my job. Yes, it's that easy. All I do is cut blinds, and drop them off. A few times a week we'll install them, but more often than not we don't. I just want to know so much more. I'm not fine just waiting around waiting for one of the supervisions to tell / ask me to do something else. I guess I should talk to one of the guys about that tomorrow. Just to let it be known that I'm not content staying there. I'm going to ask what the hardest thing that they do, then I am going to want to master that. From the sound of it. I think that would be working with wood flooring, I guess kinda do to the cost that comes with it.

ok so I took a short break to look up some books by: Ernest Hemingway. I think I might get a book of his short stories. Anyways...blog on.

So I guess what really left the bad taste in my mouth happened just before 3pm. I had found my self a lil job putting boxes away. I guess you could say it was a "bullshit job". I was working on it was 2 or 3 other people. Was almost done with it too. When I got pulled off, guess I should have known it was coming, to go drop off some blinds. Just had to drop them off, how simple is that. Anyone who can read this blog would be able to go and drop off the blinds. It's that easy. I don't know why it bugged me soo much, it just did. I'm even trying to pin point it to just one thing that set me off about it. I just can't. I guess it was just a Series of Unfortunate Events that lead to me to that point in time. But, what ever. Not like I can take it back. I still did it. I did it in a timely matter. So what if I didn't have a smile on my face. Nothing in the job hand book that says I much smile, or have a good mood, when I do my job. Just that it gets done and done right, and it was. However, here I am now blogging about it. Life goes on.

Now I think I'm going to buy my book.


The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WoW! You had a bit to say eh?!
That's awesome.

You can look at it two ways...

1. Is your salary more than it should be? Why are you complaining.. you can find something to do... study for college?

2. Or... Why are you wasting your time doing something you clearly don't want to. You are smart and CAN do anything! BUT- It is up to you to do so. Time to pick up the pace and fill in the gaps... Life is short.

Think back at past mistakes.. just for a moment.. Do you really want to be doing this again about something current.

You are a smart Man ;) Joshua...
Good luck and You're always in my prayers.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks