Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The best time of the day

Is when I get home and take my shoes off.

So I ended up going to work...and I would have been much happier saying home. I don't think I was sick, per-say. I think I just didn't want to go to work. Ok, I know I've caused most of what has come my way. But it all started when I got in trouble for talking to co-workers 10 feet, if that, away from where I was working. It wasn't like I was yelling "HEY BABE WHAT DO YOU WANT TO GO TO LUNCH WITH ME....THEN MAYBE A QUICKIE IN THE PARKING LOT?!?!" or anything like that ;) Heck, I had to walk right past them (two girls sit up there) just to get to my little area. It was such a big deal that the boss man had to move me to the other side of the building (ok, so that sounds a little like what Milton in office space had to go through). Not that it's a bad thing. I love working back there, the company is much much better.

Well right after I got to work today. As happy as I could be (I was a mean ol' grump this morning). I find out that I have to go to these brand new apartments that we are installing the window blinds in. Fine what ever. It's my job, but I don't have to be happy about it and I wasn't. So I was working...a little slow but I wasn't stopping, much. Got about 4 and a half apartments installed. Not to bad for about 2 and a half hours of work. Then the super truper boss men came by as I was just about done installing the last blind. They would make jokes and I would snap back at them. I told them I wasn't feeling good and didn't even want to come to work today. So I spent the rest of the day watching the warehouse. So, they took the warehouse working and put him out in the field again, he was happy.

So I spent the rest of the day out in the not so warm (high of 54 / low 30) making sure that the warehouse didn't get up and move or do any other kinds of tricks...and it didn't. Job well done by me.

6 comments:

Bardouble29 said...

At least you weren't stuck in the office for the entire day...and you got LOTS of fresh air...LOL

MrRyanO said...

Warehouses can be tricky bastards sometimes...kudos on the job well done!

Steven said...

"It wasn't like I was yelling "HEY BABE WHAT DO YOU WANT TO GO TO LUNCH WITH ME....THEN MAYBE A QUICKIE IN THE PARKING LOT?!?!"

Maybe you should have said that. :)

Steve~

Bardouble29 said...

You know, I almost agree with Steven...you might have gotten a lil further with her...just a thought.

Bardouble29 said...

You know, I almost agree with Steven...you might have gotten a lil further with her...just a thought.

Joshua said...

Yeah, we'll see.

When / if I quit. I'll ask her that on my way out the door ;)

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks