Sunday, April 01, 2007

When I was a kid

I wanted to be a:

  • Fire fighter
  • F-16 pilot (I can still remember the poster on my wall)
  • astronaut
  • Train engineer
  • Civil engineer
  • Bulldozer driver
  • Air Force Officer
  • Retire from the Air Force
  • Air Force ROTC at the college here in town

My dad. He was in the Air Force ROTC at this college. He was working on becoming a pilot. He wanted to fly KC-135 refulers. My brother got to fly in one.

I can't help but wounder what could have been. What could have happened differently so that I did become a pilot? I bet it has got to feel so good the first time you get to go up in the air.

This isn't to say that I'm not happy with where I've been, what I've seen, what I've done. But like anyone else, there are things that I wish would have gone a little differently. 30 more work days until I start a new life path.

I missed my two year anniversary got getting das boot. My oh my how times have changed in such a short time.

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

When I was a kid, I wanted to be either an astronaut or a Stealth Bomber pilot:) My dad is a private pilot, and he's let me fly the plan several times. It is quite a feeling just knowing you are in control of an aircraft. I never took flying lessons, though. Maybe someday I will...

whimsical brainpan said...

I wanted to be a lot of things as a kid too. The only thing left out of the whole list that I still want to be is an author.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks