Monday, November 20, 2006

Honor. Courage. Commitment.

That is what I got in the mail today. That was on one of dem der rubber band thingy. Only this was for the Navy. Well, Navy Reserve. First of all I'd never go part time military. With me it is all or nothing. Some of you know this, some don't. I spent a few years in the US Air Force. Still have the up most respect (I can't spell respect without singing it) for the men and women severing in it. Here is a link to what I was doing. I was the best airmen in my shop in regards to working with sheet metal. Hands down, the best. I was (still am) a real good welder. Ok, I might be a little rusty as it has been over a year since the last time I welded anything together.

When I got out of the Air Force I even tried to join the *gasp* Army. I was wanting to go in to Combat Engineering (21B). I just was in a go out there and kick some ass kine of mood around that time in my life. Well, do to some things out of my control I couldn't join the army. Looking back in it, thank God I didn't. I mean the leave and everything would have been nice. But eh, I'm past that. I don't even watch the news and see what is going on with the war or what ever. It doesn't have anything to do with me.

Funny how fast life can change just when you think you have it all planned out.

1 comment:

Bardouble29 said...

I think you should be proud of the time you spent and what you did, and your right, the past is the past.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks