Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Hot August Nights

Holy cow this weekend was busy and full and, for the most part, good times.
I think this is going to be a book, so you might be sitting for awhile.
FRIDAY:
Well, we were planning on leaving first thing Saturday morning. We ended up leaving right about 2am. We got some drinks at the gas station and were on our way. Oh yeah, I was stuck driving not that it was that big of a deal. I ended up driving for a few hours, I guess about three I didn't keep much count. About 20 miles outside of Sacramento, is where I found a gas station and let my dad drive the rest of the way.
I fall asleep, then some time later my dad wakes me up asking me why that light came on. Well humm....Odd charnging system lights are not a good thing while driving a 300 miles trip (one way). A few min after that a second red light came on, this time about the water temp. So that means that the serpentine belt was gone. Well that sucks anytime. Yeah, I should've checked that before we started the trip...What the hell was I thinking. This sucks anytime, it sucks a lot when you're in the mountains, +5 sucky points for it being before 6am, +5 lucky points for coming to a stop right in front of a repair shot. So, all in all, it could have been a lot worst.
SATURDAY:
Yeah I know. Saturday started a few hours ago. Well, we are now stuck between two gas stations, not a bad place to stop. There are even two or three restaurants within walking distance. One even says Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Woohoo for breakfast. We start walking that way, only to find out that they open at 11am on Mon - Sat. Bummer, that was a mean joke they played on us. Hell, they didn't even open till 9am on Sunday. It wasn't even 7am when we walked to it. So that was of zero help to us. It wasn't till sometime around 10:30am that we got back on the road again (humm....I think that's a song).
**Fuck, this is taking a long time to type up**
Lets see what else happened Saturday... Got to the swap meet around 11am. I got a new (used) baby moon hub cap for my El Camino. Then I even found an original brochure for my '67 El Camino, I got that too. I talked to a few people, even got a guys card. Told me to look them up when they come to the big swap meet when it comes to cali.
After that we walked around, looked at the cars for sale. My dad was looking for some people that he know. We found all four that he was looking for.
After that we were very hungry and very much tired. Then we found out that it was a 45 mile drive south to our hotel!!!!shift111one. And guess who got to drive...Me! Oh my Gawd I was soo tired. We got to the room, checked in, ate then I took a lil power nap in the room. I think my dad was playing cards or something.
Around 6 or 7 we were trying to find something to do. There's no point in staying in a hotel all night. It came down to Going back into Reno or going to South Lake Tahoe. Well since the last time my dad has been to Tahoe was back in '82 and I've never been there that is where we went. Holy cow, that place is nice and small. It was a neat lil drive. Though it would be better if my lil car was able to do the mountains better, but what'cha gonna do?
Lake Tahoe would make a very nice weekend get away. It's not that far, I would think that the rooms wouldn't be that bad also. We walked, I think we walked 5 miles that day. My feet were hurtin' that's fo sho. Then after all that, I got to drive the 15 miles back. Fun times.
When we got back to the hotel, I went back to the room watched some TV, Checked my e-mail, and went to sleep. My dad came in around 11pm, then we went back out. That was the last I seen him that night.
**whew Done with Saturday**
SUNDAY:

Sunday will be short and to the point. We went to a nice little Automobile Museum and made a stop at Boomtown. Oh the museum was sooo cool. I even learned a few things about William F. Harrah. The guy started with a small bingo parlor that he got from his dad. Kind of makes you wonder what the odds of one man doing something like that again. Hell, I just want enough money for a nice house, a nice car, a nice life. Nothing great.
Well, I think this lil writer needs to go to sleep sometime.
well, lets see how many typos I got first....

Holy cow, this is one long book of a post.

1 comment:

Lady Sage™ said...

Wow! What a trip! Though, it wasn't as long as I imagined.
What can I say... I laughed, I cried, I smiled, I glowed with excitement. Of course, not in that order. :D Great write-up man!!!

Friday:
You told me you weren't driving. You get spanked for this you know! And the car problems were minor - Thank God. Yes, it could have been much worse and this experience will teach you to not be such a n00b about it next time. Not checking something like that.. seems like something I would have done. haha!

Saturday:
Odd times to start Breakfast for sure. Seems you did not get much sleep at all... maybe you should have taken a nap at thier door?! :P
Oh, how'd you check your email? By phone? Speaking of phone... I didn't bug ya while you were out. Kinda glad I didn't because you were having father and son time. :)

Sunday:
I'm glad you had such an awesome trip!!one!1shift11!!one
And stop worrying about things you don't have, yet.
Take a look around you and be thankful for the things you do.
Surely there is someone out there worse off.
And if you treat life like that then you will truely see the meaning of a blessing when you do have the nice things.
Something like that anyways... haha!


Oh~I think I did posted something almost as long as yours.. :O

Well, I must go now... busy day. Thanks for sharing and as always - You get cool points for rockn hard.
:D -Bre

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks