Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Employ of the month.

I can almost see my getting fired over this. Well, maybe written up...If they ask what I think. Last time I was asked "what?" when I was kinda shorta saying ok to a job that I didn't want to do. Well I told the boss man that "I'm not to found of doing bull shit work". Holy cow did the room go quite. Heck I was still a temp at this time.

Well anyways story on. There's this kid, yeah I call him a kid. He's a 31 year old kid. I'll call him Roger, yeah that sound good. Well this kid has been late soooooo many time I don't know why they haven't fired him. This kid lives in town (I drive 35 miles) he's any where from 5 to 15 min late, at his worst, I'd say about 3 - 4 times a week. I can count how many times I've been late, or any reason, on one hand. At 7am we have our morning meeting, saying who does what work that day, I can't count how many times it's been just me and the boss there at 7:04 or later. Has he been written up, nope. Only thing they have done to the kid is gave him a verbal counseling, we all know that means jack shit. Oh and they gave him employ of the month. That just bloggles the mind.

Yeah this was at our end of the month safety meeting too. After that I seen one of the mini boss dudes out side (the same one I said I didn't like bull shit work to) and asked him why he got the employ of the month? Man, did he get defensive or what. He even said that kids that say they don't like bull shit work got it (That's a one time deal, and I didn't get it till I worked my ass off and was recommended by my supervised) but I just let that one slide. I told the boss that I didn't see why he got it, I just got this look back. So then I said well I don't want to know what the reason was, that I was just hoping that there was more to it than I saw. At that point he kinda nodded.

There's two people that I can name off the top of my head that should have gotten it WAY before Roger did. But Roger seems to be all buddy buddy with the mini boss, so that makes it ok. 'Cause the mini boss wants to be friends with everyone.

Damn I sure hope I don't get asked what's wrong. 'Cause I would make the mistake of telling who ever asked. Well, I'd ask if they really wanted to know first. Then I'd get written up 'cause I'm such a bad employ, then I'd have to quit and see what happens. So I hope it doesn't come down to that, 'cause for the most part I like my job and people there. But, this is some stupid bullshit.

Roger got employ of the Month.....That boggles the mind and body.

3 comments:

Bardouble29 said...

Boy I don't miss that scene or drama. And "roger" has never gotten in trouble for anything...But that is one of the reasons I split...

Lady Sage™ said...

Might be frackn the boss... that always gives some high points. Yep.

:)

Joshua said...

humm....I don't think that's the case here. Well I hope not...

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks