Thursday, June 07, 2007

I have never been more tired after school

Like I said in my last post. We ended up doing the teabag dive this morning. That was cool, I ended up going down two time. I just didn't get any pictures of it. It is a little freaky when going down the ladder and the water line is comping up to your neck. That is going to take some getting used to. I did some back and front flips under water. Very cool stuff! I was just floating in water.

Then after lunch came the fun part.

We were learning the skills to jump in the water, swim under a fire or something, nothing that hard. Then we had to jump in the harbor water with our clothes on. Take off our jeans and tie them up and fill them up with air.

The temp of the water was about 64 deg and we had no pants on.

So you might be thinking that this was just a simple jump in and out. Nope! We were in the water for about ten minutes before we were told to take our pants off. That is ten minutes that we were in 64 deg water, just think of what that feels like. That's about 30 deg colder than body temp.

It takes a few minutes to get my jeans off, then I had to tie them...fun fun. and fill them up with air, Holy crap did it suck! You got no idea.

We had to be in there like that for another 10 minutes, only the time doesn't start counting until everyone has it done. There are 19 people in the water doing this. It must have been 6 min or so before the clock even got started.

Oh I only weigh about 125 with .05% body fat to keep me nice and warm. I don't think I have ever been so cold in my life. I was hurting soo much. So it wasn't January when the water temp is 54 deg, but none the less it sucked.

I am so tired now. My calves hurt.

I am going to sleep good tonight!

PS. I also ended up leave my jeans and my gloves on the barge. So, I can kiss those good buy. =(

3 comments:

Bardouble29 said...

Poor little Chucky...

I can only imagine how cold you were...one of these days I have to tell you my cold water story....remind me.

Sleep tight!

whimsical brainpan said...

I hope you slept soundly and were able to get warm again.

I got cold just reading that.

Anonymous said...

That sounds cold. Very very cold. I can't imagine how you must hurt right now. Hope you're doing better.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks