Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Home is?

Where is home?

–noun
1.a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household.
2.the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.
So, by that meaning I live at home. But I wouldn't say that it feels like home to me. It is just a place that I'm staying at.


Is it the place that you spent most of your life growing up?
--We don't own that house any more.

Is it the house that your family lived in before you went into the military?
--I only lived in that house for a year before the military and a year and half after.

Is it that apartment I live at now?
--I guess the closest thing, but living with 7 other people is not my idea of home.

Is it where my mom lives?
--Nope, that would be by brother's (and his family's) house.

Where my dad lives?
--That's my grandmama's house, or where ever he stays. (I don't know what he would call home, my guess would be his mom's house)

So maybe I'll just be "home less" 'til I get my own place.

When I go "home" for Christmas, just where an I going to go?
-- I got no idea.


Home is where you make it
I found it! Home is a key on my keyboard =)

5 comments:

captain corky said...

"I found it! Home is a key on my keyboard =)"

Very cool! I had a couple bags that I dragged around with me when I was in my 20's. They were my home back then.

The Lone Beader® said...

What does the home key do?? I never used it before... LOL

whimsical brainpan said...

"I found it! Home is a key on my keyboard =)"

LOL!

You'll make your own home someday. It's great when you do.

twayblade said...

home is where your heart longs to be, where at the end of the end u wish u could just go back to a place simply to lie down on ur bed and sleep, where u retreat to its coziness when things go down, where u feel safest. that's what i think home is.

phishez said...

That button takes me to the top of the screen!

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks