Thursday, November 01, 2007

A great idea

Only I was trying to sleep when it came to me. Now I am awake thinking about it some more. Trying to think of just how I am going to do it.


Here are some pictures that I did real fast. I mean REAL fast. They kind of show what I need to do. They are NOT to scale.


(the red is the wire rope that they hang from)

Here you will see the two 6" pipe elbows that are in the water. About 12 feet below. One of them weighs about 110 the other about 130. They are sealed on the bottom so you got all the water / sand / and everything else adding weight to them.



Here you will see what I need to do to them. I need to rig it all up my self and pull them together. I can use pulleys and and all that good stuff to help, but that is also more stuff that could get messed up. Also got to install the gasket and 8 bolts.

In order to get an A on this I need to have it done and everything tight within 30 minutes. Every minute past that is one point off. Loose nut is 5 points and so on and so on.

Out of the 4 that went yesterday only one of them put it together. He had a time of 58 minutes. The record time for this I believe is 12 minutes.

This is what I am going to be doing around lunch time I believe.

Wish me luck.

oh yeah. this test is harder than you think it is. Even if you are thinking it's hard.....it's harder.

5 comments:

captain corky said...

My brain hurts just looking at it. Good luck dude! It might as well be Russian too me.

Dennis Wayne Morgan Photography said...

Good luck... it will be interesting to read how you did.

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Very Interesting...!!!!! I love a challenge, good luck chuck...

LaTER...

Joshua said...

Yeah I failed.

I took over 60 minutes and still didn't even have the two pipes together.

whimsical brainpan said...

Good luck Chucky!

It looks damn hard!

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks